Nannies are more than employees—they are partners in raising your child, serving as your eyes and ears while you’re away. As such, it’s important to find someone who shares your values, and has skills and experience that align with your parenting playbook. However, nannies like this can be difficult to find, especially if you don’t know where to look. A nanny app is one of your best options to simplify the search for child care experts. Rather than going off word of mouth or working with a limited pool, a nanny app can aggregate and vet nannies in your area for you, so you have the maximum number of options. Here are ten of the top online platforms and applications to connect with nannies.
1. StayCare by Nanno
StayCare is Nanno’s answer to the need for consistent full-time and part-time child care professionals. Nanno has a network of over 25,000 vetted nannies, including nannies with specialized skillsets and special needs experience. StayCare leverages the same intensive vetting process as Nanno’s flagship on-demand babysitter search app. All nannies undergo a rigorous skills assessment as well as multiple criminal searches, watchlist searches, and sex offender searches.
To start, parents signing up for StayCare take a brief onboarding quiz. This allows Nanno’s placement experts to understand your family’s needs, preferences, and expectations. They ask about your views on certain child care methods, whether or not you require a bilingual nanny, or if you need additional services such as tutoring. Nanno will then give you three sitters from their roster to interview. Whereas their original service was designed for impromptu babysitting emergencies, StayCare is geared toward those who need a regular, reliable nanny to adapt to their schedule. For more information about this app and Nanno’s other services, check out the Staycare by Nanno website.
- All candidates are vetted multiple times
- In-depth questionnaire
- All Nanno engagements are insured and bonded
- Only three matches included in the fee, but you can request more if needed
Price: $300 one-time placement fee
Care.com is an online marketplace connecting freelance caregivers with families. Their subscription model provides a database of not only child care workers as well as other household services like pet-sitting, house cleaning and more. With over 35.2 million members in 20 countries, the platform offers an extensive selection for families.
- Extensive directory of potential nannies
- Services other than child care offered
- Pay-to-play pricing method can be too pricey for some parents
- Potential scammers within the marketplace
SitterCity is a nanny app for families to find full-time, part-time, after-school, or daytime caregivers. This platform allows you to filter by skill set, as they have nannies with experience in newborn care, infant care, CPR training, and first aid training. Parents can also access each nanny’s references and reviews to learn more about their job history before setting up an interview.
- Large pool of local nannies to choose from
- Parents can check applicants’ references
- Special needs caregivers available
- Pricey subscription model can be too much for some parents
- Potential scammers within the marketplace
4. The Nanny League
The Nanny League is a website developed to help families find college-educated nannies specializing in different aspects of childcare. They have nannies focused on particular concentrations such as special needs experts, newborn care specialists, and private tutors.
- Personalized nanny placement process
- All nannies are college-educated
- Access to the database is expensive
- Costs can depend on your chosen services and the duration of services
Price: $250 for database access
5. Nanny Lane
Nanny Lane is a nanny app that helps families find and share help with other families. The sharing utility makes this one of the more affordable platforms. The app takes largely hands-off approach to pairing you with a nanny, but for an extra fee Nanny Lane will provide hiring assistance.
- Payroll service offered
- Nanny sharing options available which makes the services more affordable
- Browsing their database is completely free
- Getting full access to the app is expensive, especially as nanny rates are not included
GreatAuPair is an online agency for families to find full-time au pairs. An au pair is traditionally a student from abroad who lives in your home and helps care for your kids for an extended period of time, in exchange for accommodation and a small stipend. This is a great option for parents with minimal requirements and a tight budget. However, the platform also has trained nannies, tutors, and personal assistants for those looking for more professional services.
- Extensive database of over 67,000 nannies
- Fosters cultural exchange
- Choice of nannies is easy to narrow down
- Browsing is completely free but payment is necessary to access contact information
- Expensive subscription rate for full access
eNannySource is a free nanny search app that helps you find available caregivers in your area. Parents create an online profile describing their family, job specifications, and ideal professional nanny, and then can review the extensive database of full- and part-time nannies who specialize in different aspects of child care.
- Parents can create extensive profiles to describe preferred nannies
- Expensive monthly subscription
- Not all transactions and information exchanges are done through the platform
- Monthly subscription does not include features like eNanny messaging, Safe Nanny Hiring Kit, and eNannySource guarantee
8. College Nannies + Sitters
College Nannies + Sitters provides families with full-time, part-time, after-school, and summer nannies, as well as sitters and tutors. What makes this service unique is that they have placement staff who manually assess prospective nannies’ skills, experience, and availability to guarantee you a good match.
- Professionally trained nannies, sitters, and tutors
- Payroll and hiring paperwork assistance provided
- Will find substitutes if your regular nanny is not available
- Not available in all states and localities
Price: Available by quote
9. Nanny Authority
The Nanny Authority is a nanny placement agency trusted by families across the United States. Established in 1962, they have been connecting parents with the most experienced and educated nannies. Whether you are looking for live-out nannies, travel nannies, mother’s helpers, career nannies, family assistants, or governesses, this agency will help you find a professional who will prioritize your child’s safety and well-being.
- Member of the International Nanny Association (INA)
- Rated as the top nanny agency by the New York Magazine
- Extensive industry experience, having been in operation for over 50 years
- Low selection of nannies, and nanny information is limited
- Website is not updated frequently, making it difficult to navigate
Price: Cost depends on the services and duration you require
10. Nanny Poppinz
Nanny Poppinz is a child care provider known for its customized nanny services. Since its start in 1992, the agency has helped over 51,000 families find the right nanny for their needs. Whether you need a part-time mother’s helper or a full-time nanny, their software can quickly sort through applicants for you. Since their service is available 24/7, they can dispatch a child care expert any time of day or night.
- Agency does not charge until the family finds the right nanny
- Website is difficult to navigate
- Pricing structure is vague
Price: Referral fees vary per location
Simplify Your Search with the Right Nanny App
Hiring a nanny is among the most critical decisions you can make as a parent. However, it can be difficult to know whether a babysitter is qualified. Plus, the process of finding a nanny often requires sifting through numerous applications, undergoing hours of interviews, and performing lengthy background checks on prospective nannies. And simply popping online, googling “nanny near me,” and leaving quality to chance can mean inadvertently putting your child in danger. A nanny app can solve these problems for you. Using a trusted nanny app makes searching for a nanny easier, and while you can rest assured that you have secured the best possible care for your child.