Sadly, the biggest breaking news on the playground this week was that Kristen Bell's five-year-old still wears diapers at night. (Which is sad not because of the diapers -- this is a judgment-free zone! -- but because it was such big news.) Kudos to Kristen, though, for using it as a good reminder for us all: "Every kid is different."
On another relatable note, I don't think my mid-90s self would ever have thought Snoop Dogg would be providing this week's most relatable COVID parenting moment, but he so did.
Meanwhile, everyone is still abuzz about whether camps and schools can (or should) reopen. The American Camp Association and YMCA of the USA issued detailed guidelines this week for camps that choose to reopen, and the CDC is back with another indecision tree, this time for camps. The upshot: It's a personal choice on all sides.
Speaking of personal choices, what are YOU going to do about child care this summer (and/or in the fall, if schools don't reopen)? At Nanno, we're working on figuring out solutions to help parents with safe and reliable child care through this crazy time -- please take this quick survey to let us know what would be most helpful to you!
Hang in there, families! Stay safe! -- and read on for more news and nonsense from the playground.
Overheard on the Playground
"Let it go. We'll be outside soon."
- Baby Apps For New Parents :: Scrambling to find smart ways to manage life with a newborn? Check out these life-changing apps. Thank us later. (Baby Chick)
- The Robot Teacher :: Moxie, the robot that functions as a teacher (and looks like it came straight out of a Pixar film), will launch this fall. (The Verge)
- Marriage During The Pandemic :: Grab your partner and go out (or in another room) for a dinner date! Your kids will learn the importance of prioritizing a life partner, which will go a long way. (POPSUGAR)
- The Best Educational Shows On Netflix :: Check out these fun shows your kids can learn from -- yes, the classic “The Magic School Bus” is included. (Childhood 101)
- Sesame Street Town Hall :: Big Bird and Dr. Sanjay Gupta will share coronavirus tips on May 30th in another one-hour town-hall special on CNN! (Kids Activities)
- Memorial Day 2020 :: There are so many ways to celebrate Memorial Day. Break out the face-paint and learn a thing or two about activities you can do this year for Memorial Day. (Kidz World)
- Teenage Mummy With Bling :: 3,500 years ago, a teenage girl was buried with class. Her intricately designed jewelry was revealed to still be in mint condition! (DOGO News)