Where we share new and noteworthy tidbits about kids, parenting, and everything else that makes our lives as parents so unique.
What everyone on the (virtual) playground is talking about this week.
- Gillette Weighs in On Toxic Masculinity :: Gillette's ad on toxic masculinity drew some negative feedback (mostly on Twitter and a lot more negative feedback about the negative feedback. Needless to say, everyone has an opinion.
- Someone Called Megan Markle Fat :: Yes, it's silly, but also relatable. (ScaryMommy, Fatherly, Cosmo, HuffPo)
- A Mom Used an ... Unusual Tool to Ease Her Baby's Congestion :: We're too polite to tell you what she used. But Babyology, Fatherly, and even the Daily Mail would be happy to share.
- The World Health Organization Declared War on the Anti-Vax Movement :: The UN's international health arm declared the movement one of the top 10 threats to global health in 2019. (ScaryMommy, Rolling Stone)
Cool new tech to make life easier for parents and families).
- Preparing Kids for the High-Tech Future :: Smart toys to get your kid a head start in learning about STEM. (CBS)
Interesting stuff you can share with your kids -- or, if they're old enough, even have them read themselves
- What is the Circular Economy? :: What if, when we make something new, we also consider how it can be unmade when it’s no longer of use? (The Kid Should See This)
- Don't Miss the Spectacular "Super Blood Moon" :: Overnight from Sunday, Jan. 20 into Monday, Jan. 21, stargazers will be treated to what promises to be a spectacular total lunar eclipse (DOGO)
- How is Duct Tape Made? :: What is duct tape and why is it so strong? (The Kid Should See This)
Useful info and insights for life as a 'rent.
- Teaching Kids to Manage Their Emotions :: 7 vital lessons every parent should know. (Motherly)
- Gymboree Is Closing! :: All 900 locations due to bankruptcy. (Scary Mommy)
- Best Interactive Books for Kids :: 12 books that will inspire your child's imagination in innovative ways. (Hands On)
Fun and -- shh, don't tell! -- educational things to do with kids)
- 3D Snowflakes for Kids! :: Happy Hooligans has finally figured out a really EASY way to make 3D snowflakes. (Hooligans)
- Delicious Healthy Popcorn :: What would a family movie night be without popcorn? (Rookie Moms)
- DIY Toddler Shape Puzzles :: Lovely for learning shapes but also visual discrimination. (How We Montessori)