Where we share new and noteworthy tidbits about kids, parenting, and everything else that makes our lives as parents so unique.
What everyone on the (virtual) playground is talking about this week.
- Is Peppa Pig Giving Your Kids an English Accent? :: It probably depends on how much of it they’re watching. (The Guardian)
- Kids Dominate the Grammies :: Cardi B’s daughter celebrates with her first word, and Pink’s family makes her a winner.
- Using Pool Floats as Sleds :: Not a new idea, but some Seattle families have really outdone themselves. (RedTricycle, ScaryMommy)
- Pregnant Jessica Simpson Confesses to Breaking Toilet Seat :: And for some reason, the internet really cares. (Motherly, Babyology)
- Frozen 2 Trailer Offers Zero Hints at Plot of New Movie :: Except that it definitely will involve some serious Elsa/Anna bad-assery. (Disney)
Cool new tech to make life easier for parents and families.
- The LectroFan Kinder Is a White Noise Wonder :: Babies need a lot of sleep, but they’re pretty bad at understanding how to actually get it. (Babies, right?) (Fatherly)
Interesting stuff you can share with your kids -- or, if they're old enough, even have them read themselves.
- What Did a Baby T-Rex Look Like? :: What evidence do we have to help figure that out? (The Kid Should See This)
- NASA's Rover Completes its Mission on Mars :: For almost 15 years, the golf-cart-size explorer trekked across the Martian landscape. (The Kid Should See This)
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Game Review :: Check out Kidzworld's review of this long-awaited adventure video game! (Kidzworld RSS)
Useful info and insights for life as a 'rent.
- Rage Yoga?! :: Use beer and swear words to release all of your stress. (Scary Mommy)
- Why All Parents Should Know How to Use an EpiPen :: Let’s start with the first step, a vital one, actually – knowing when you need to use an EpiPen. (Scary Mommy)
- Inside 'Sesame Street' and its Mission to Raise Resilient Kids :: The beloved show celebrates 50 years in 2019. (Parenting)
Fun and -- shh, don't tell! -- educational things to do with kids)
- 5 Ingredient Mini Cheesecakes :: A quick and easy cheesecake recipe for you today. (Enjoy The Small Things)
- Transfer of Energy Science Experiment :: This simple science experiment is such an easy and fascinating way to demonstrate how energy is transferred from one object to another. (Frugal Fun)
- Growing Crystals - Egg Geode Science Experiment :: Learn about crystallization with this easy science project for kids. (STEAM)