Game of Thrones. Parenting. Can you find a connection? Well, the internet can find several (for better or worse). Meanwhile, Chrissy Tiegen's candor about post-partum depression gets plenty of love from the blogosphere. Oh, and Nanno has launched the first version of our iOS app! Download it here.
What everyone on the (virtual) playground is talking about this week.
- If You Have Everything You Always Wanted, How Can You Still Feel Sad? :: Chrissy Tiegen opens up about her personal struggles with postpartum depression, and the internet cries, "Relatable!" (Scary Mommy)
- What Will Happen #WhenMillennialsAre80? :: The internet takes a stab at answering, and the ensuing meme-fest is dark, shady and hilarious. (BuzzFeed)
- Game of Thrones Slays Everyone :: From GOT-inspired baby names to cast members helping hospice patients to Yara Greyjoy bringing her kids to work (and breastfeeding on set), you may start thinking, “Enough already!” (In which case, like me, you probably stopped watching after season one.)
Cool new tech to make life easier for parents and families.
- Learning Toys: Toys that Play and Teach :: What can you do with one good learning toy? A whole lot. (Busy Toddler)
Interesting stuff you can share with your kids -- or, if they're old enough, even have them read themselves.
- How Can Farms and Forests Coexist :: Deforestation is a big problem for the climate. This kind of land use releases more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than any single country. (The Kid Should See This)
- Mothers Day Gift Guide :: Tech, outdoor gear, cooking tools, fashion, jewelry, books, and more. (Kidzworld)
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Icebergs :: Why would an iceberg be bright blue or green? How are icebergs like taxis? (The Kid Should See This)
Useful info and insights for life as a 'rent.
- Tips To Help Your Child With Separation Anxiety :: It is completely understandable that a one-year-old would have separation anxiety, but it can be harder when your child with separation anxiety is four, five or six years old. (Kids Activities Blog)
- Deal Alert: $4 Kids Movies This Summer :: AMC Theaters is making it cheaper for you to help the kids chill out. (Motherly)
- Free Admission To National Parks :: Plan a trip to your nearest National Park because Admission To Every National Park Is Free This Saturday! (Kids Activities Blog)
Fun and -- shh, don't tell! -- educational things to do with kids)
- Handprint Art for Mother's Day :: A simple craft project for kids of any age. (Rhythms of Play)
- More Mother's Day Crafts :: Whether your medium is cardboard, clay or crayons, you can make something beautiful. (Easy Peasy and Fun)
- Bubble Foam Baking Bin :: Ready for a “clean” mess? (Busy Toddler)
- Glowing Sensory Bottle :: Yet another awesome new sensory bottle that pushes the boundaries. (Childhood 101)
- Assemble Your Own Nature Diorama :: Anytime of year is a great time for a nature walk! But it’s more fun to take a walk when you have a mission. (The Artful Parent)