New and noteworthy tidbits about kids, parenting, and everything else that makes our lives as parents so unique.
What everyone on the (virtual) playground is talking about this week.
- Frontier Airlines Announces Kids-Fly-Free Plan :: Yes, there is an up-front fee, and limitations, but still ... (Frontier Airlines)
- Beware the Chicken Nuggets :: Both Tyson and Purdue have issued recalls. (Red Tricycle)
- AntiVaxx Mom Asks How to Protect Her Kids Against Measles Outbreak :: Obviously, the internet weighed in. (Fatherly, Scary Mommy, MarketWatch)
Cool new tech to make life easier for parents and families.
- Spy Tools for Babies :: Nanit Breathing Wear lets parents monitor baby's breathing from afar. Coming this spring. (Nanit)
Interesting stuff you can share with your kids -- or, if they're old enough, even have them read themselves.
- Happy Chinese New Year :: Enter the pig. (DOGO News)
- Valentine's Crossword for Kids :: Silly but fun. (KidzWorld)
- All About Groundhogs :: Learn what they're doing when they're not shadow-peeping. (National Geographic Kids)
Useful info and insights for life as a 'rent.
- How to Dress a Baby in Cold Weather :: A baby should have approximately one more layer than you are comfortable in. (Offspring)
- Unpacking the America Family Act :: A new take on supporting American families may be getting more airtime this year. (Fatherly)
- The Best Family Friendly Hotel in the World :: Is in Costa Rica. Check it out. (Red Tricycle)
Fun and -- shh, don't tell! -- educational things to do with kids)
- 21 Boredom-Busting Activities for Kids :: If you're stuck inside this weekend, these activities could be your salvation. (Scary Mommy)
- Printable Valentines :: Just cut and color. (Cool Mom Picks)
- Heart-Themed Letter Matching Activity for Preschoolers :: Teach dexterity and letter-matching. (Hands On As We Grow)