Where we share new and noteworthy tidbits about kids, parenting, and everything else that makes our lives as parents so unique.
What everyone on the (virtual) playground is talking about this week.
- Postponing Baby's First Bath Could Help Breastfeeding :: Says a new study from the Journal of Obstetric, Gynaecological and Neonatal Nursing. (Mother.ly)
- Kate Hudson Announces Plan to Raise Her Daughter "Genderless" :: But her plan doesn't sound all that genderless to us. (People)
- Child Falls Out of Moving Car (But Is Unhurt) :: Some blame car seat design, others blame parent. Either way, it's a good car seat installation safety reminder. (Watch the video -- if you dare.)
- Co-Parenting Gets a Fist Bump :: From this very photogenic dad and step-dad duo. (As usual, mom's not in the picture -- because she's the one taking it.)
Cool new tech to make life easier for parents and families.
- Mindfulness Meditation for Kids? :: There's an app for that! (RedTricycle)
Interesting stuff you can share with your kids -- or, if they're old enough, even have them read themselves.
- If you think it's cold outside ... :: Check out the polar bear lifestyle. (TimeForKids)
- A Brief History of Cheese :: People were making cheese before they'd figured out how to make metal tools. (The Kid Should See This)
- Worms in Spaaaaaace! :: Learn about two-headed Planarian Flatworms. (Wow in the World)
Useful info and insights for life as a 'rent.
- Is the "Fatherhood Penalty" real? :: Only 32 percent of men take their available paternity leave, but 62% say they would if coworkers did. (Scary Mommy)
- News Flash: Our Stress Level Affects Our Kids :: A new study from the Journal of Occupational Health Psychology says that stressed parents = less heathy kids. (Fatherly)
- Playdate 101 :: The questions pediatricians say they ask before their kids' playdates. (Parenting)
Fun and -- shh, don't tell! -- educational things to do with kids)